PEOPLE OF THE WORLD!! (hey MOM!!) today was my last monday in school EVER! what a joyous occasion. and cause for more celebrations, yes? yes!
good thing i am starting half marathon training tomorrow. my diet could totes use an overhaul, too. i'll get to work on that!
in the meantime, another chocolate-based post? not sorry!!
this recipe adapted from a site i stumbled upon this week and really enjoy! browned butter is good for the soul and this recipe proves it. not your ordinary brownie... no, not at all.
browned butter cocoa brownies
1.25 sticks of butter, plus a little for greasing
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup turbinado
1/4 cup agave
3/4 cup unsweeted cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- preheat the oven to 325 and butter (or spray) a foiled 7x11 pan.
- heat butter over medium for about 5 minutes or until browning begins, stirring often.
- once butter browns, add the sugars, cocoa powder and vanilla immediately and allow to cool for five minutes. (you may definitely use 1.5 c regular sugar instead of being a crazy and using three types like me!)
- whisk in eggs to the slightly cooled mixture quickly so they do not scramble then add the flour and turn until well incorporated.
- bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out slightly crumbly.
- allow to cool, remove from pan with foil and cut into desired sizes.
worth three pictures. just sayin'.
p.s. get excited about cinqo de mayo. i'm cooking up something fun, promise!!