Wednesday, May 18, 2011
blueberry-lime muffins and the versatile blogger award!
i've been doing some thinking... some thinking about moving back to the northeast. some thinking about missing austin with my whole heart. and some thinking about seasons.
and really, each season has special food related elements for all of us, right? but i am gonna go ahead and say that spring and summer are all about keeping it fresh. corn on the cob and huge heirloom tomatoes. berries and green beans straight from the garden. this next recipe is inspired by such things.
let's make a little muffin love. with a little fresh lime and a lot of fresh blueberries! because it's may. because we can!!
speaking of love. i have some blogger love to announce!! a BIG and sincere thank you to Baking For Her Soul for passing on the versatile blogger award to me. what a fantastic blog and what delicious and inspiring recipes! i don't feel worthy! but i am oh so appreciative. and now i pass it on to a few of my favorite up and coming bloggers!!
to accept the award you must :
1) thank the person who passed on the award to you and link it back to them.
2) share seven random facts about yourself?
3) pass the award on to fifteen new or newly discovered blogs! (and let them know!)
now go check out these blogs! (food and non! not all new or newly discovered, but new to me!!! and i love them.)
The Young Austinian
Food and Bev
Cate's Warm Oven
At D's Suggestion
Puree and Saute
i'll share seven random things about me in a second. don't you want that muffin recipe!?!?
1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c brown sugar
1 stick of butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c ricotta cheese
1 pint blueberries, roughly chopped
zest of 2 limes
juice of 2 limes
- combine flours, powder, soda and salt. set aside.
- combine sugar and butter to slightly cream. add eggs and ricotta and incorporate then stir in vanilla. mix in zest and lime juice. add the dry into the wet mixture. fold in blueberries. pour into prepared muffin tins. bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
*add a little lime glaze for good measure.
seven random facts about anna luce
1) i wear feathers in my hair like it is my job. i believe it keeps me in touch with my cherokee roots.
2) speaking of feathers, i really like birds. i can't get enough of them. i have to consciously stop buying bird related things so that i don't look like a giant poseur. but it's all because of my grandmother and her love for them, which makes me feel less portlandia and more legitimate.
3) i am all about processes. i want to make things just for the art of the craft. like beer. or pottery. why not?
4) i used to say that i wanted to marry a chef because i was too afraid of messing up in the kitchen. my mom is SO good at everything food related, i thought i could never be as good as her, so why bother? didn't marry a chef, thank goodness. and i don't fail tooooo often. just enough!
5) my favorite candle in the whole world is aloha orchid from anthropologie. you should know about it. it is life changing.
6) another life changing item is the undertow. which will hopefully be a part of my next post.
7) i just want to be myself. i like me most of the time. so i am going to go with that... and call it a day!